Terms and Conditions
After subscribing to a program with
Volunteering-Peru, there is an
agreement between the participant and
Volunteering-Peru and the described general conditions applies.
2. Payment Terms
- After application and communication between
Volunteering-Peru and the
volunteer, a volunteer program will be established.
- When both, the volunteer and Volunteering-Peru agree with the program and
the costs, the volunteer is obliged to pay the program fee to
3. Responsibilities and obligations for the volunteer
After applying, the volunteer will receive an overview of the program costs.
- At least 2 weeks before the program starts, the volunteer is required to
deposit 20% of the total program fee to
- When paid by an (international) money transfer over the internet or Paypal,
there will be an additional charge.
Volunteering-Peru will inform the volunteer on this with anticipation.
- For currency conversion, we use the exchange rates on the following website:
- Within 2 weeks after arriving in Cusco, the volunteer has to cancel the
remaining 80% of the program costs.
- A volunteer is 18 years or older
- The volunteer is responsible for the possession of the correct travel
documents, tickets and insurances.
- The volunteer is responsible for additional costs of excursions, leisure,
- The volunteer is responsible for transportation from home to the project and
- The volunteer faces the other culture with an open mind, does not condemn,
respects and adapts to the culture where possible.
- The volunteer respects and keeps to the rules of the organization.
- The volunteer respects and keeps to the rules of the host family:
- Respect the accommodation and the housemates
- Communicate with the family when you are ill and can`t go to work
- Communicate with the family when you are travelling or don`t spend the night
in the house
- Ask for permission before inviting guests to the house, guests never stay
- In the house of the host family, smoking is prohibited.
5. Unexpected circumstances
- Volunteering-Peru can not be
held liable for any damage, delay, loss or injury during the program of
- Volunteering-Peru attaches
importance to the safety off the volunteer during the program. Despite the
careful and competent actions of our coordinators, there is always a risk of
incidents. The volunteer must at all time think about his own safety and act
responsible. The volunteer shall bear the risks associated with traveling
- Unexpected circumstances are: local unrest, war, blocking of transport,
strikes, fire, and flood.
- Where in the case of unexpected circumstances the program has to be
cancelled or postponed
Volunteering-Peru will make every effort to deal this the correct way,
without obligations to complete compensation.
7. Changes in the program
- Cancellation should be made written and reporting the reason of
- The registration fee is never refunded in case of cancellation.
- If cancelled 3 weeks or more before the start of the program, the
cancellation fee is 50% of the 20% deposit.
- If cancelled 2 weeks or less before the start of the program, the
cancellation fee is 100% of the 20% deposit.
- If cancelled during the program in Peru, the volunteer has no rights on a
refund of the program costs.
- When the volunteer goes on a journey of a few days during the program, the
costs for the host family continue.
- For a trip of 1 week or more, the volunteer needs to communicate this with
us 4 weeks in advance, in this case the volunteer gets a discount of 50% on the
weekly costs for the home stay. The volunteer can leave all his/her belongings
behind in the bedroom during the trip.
- Exceptions to the rules of cancellation are the following. Decisions will be
made for every exceptional case.
- Serious illness or death of the volunteer
- Serious illness or death of a family member in the first grade
- In case of unexpected difficulties between the volunteer and the host family
or the project, Volunteering-Peru
will do everything we can to find another host
family and/or project for the volunteer.
- If the volunteer fails to submit the pre-made rules, standards and
guidelines applying to participate in the program,
Volunteering-Peru reserves the
rights to end the program immediately without any refund of fees.
Please remember that
Volunteering-Peru is a non-profit organization that does not receive
government funding or private donations. All fees paid by volunteers are
used to cover administrative and development costs, etc. We strive to keep
these fees as low as practical to enable more people to actively participate
- Volunteering-Peru will
always respect the personal information of the volunteer.
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, home address,
information about occupation, education, etc. are never given to third parties.
- Information such as name, birth date, passport number will be passed on to
the project where the volunteer works for the administration of their employees.